Naples Market Report, September 2017
New Home Under Construction by Nova Homes of South Florida, Naples, Florida
12 month comparisons - Year-to-date.
For Naples, Bonita Springs, and Estero
* The number of closed sales year-to-date increased 4.4 percent.
* Closed sales priced above $2 million increased 23.7 percent through September compared to the same period in 2016.
* Year-to-date average sales price increased 4.2 percent.
* Average price of sales above $2 million increased 3 percent from the 12 months ending September 30, 2016.
12 month comparisons - Year-to-date
For Marco Island
* During the 12 months ending September 30, 2017, the Marco Island area recorded and increase of 3 percent over the prior 12 months.
* The median sales price increased 5.2 percent, while the average closed sales price declined slightly.
The impact from Hurricane Irma on the Southwest Florida real estate market will not be fully known for several months. As expected, the event substantially affected the month of September. Residents evacuated in large numbers, many businesses were without power and had to remain closed for prolonged periods, and real estate closings scheduled to occur during the month had to be delayed. The result was that closings in the Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero combined market were down 35% for the month when compared with September 2016, and Marco Island closings were down over 50%. In the coming months.
At the time of this report, all signs point to a busy season, although it appears to be starting a little later than normal. Buyers are arriving daily and making purchases, and many winter residents are completing clean-up to their property and preparing them for the market. Restaurants and other businesses are mostly back in full swing, and traffic is heavier than a month or two ago. - From Southwest Florida MLS
For more information regarding building a new custom home in Naples and Marco Island, Florida, contact Nova Homes of South Florida at 239.307.6116 or visit www.novahomesbuilder.com - Homes are priced from the $200s to over $2 million.