2017 Super Bowl - The Best of All Time
The 2017 Super Bowl game between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons is an instant classic and already being called the greatest Super Bowl in history. Many Super Bowl records were set, as the Patriots staged a miraculous comeback scoring 31 straight points. The greatest quarterback of all time just won his 5th Super Bowl, and 4th Super Bowl MVP, leading his team to a historic comeback.
The league’s MVP, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, seemed to sum it up best, “There are now words.” His team wasted a golden opportunity to bring the city of Atlanta its first Super Bowl championship, squandering a 25 point lead. There are however a few words to add. Listed here are a few interesting facts about Super Bowl LI.
1. In 2017, the Super Bowl was played in the Lone Star State. This was the third time that Houston, Texas, has hosted the Super Bowl. The first time was in 1974 with Super Bowl VIII and the second time was in 2004 with Super Bowl XXXVIII.
2. In addition to all of the sporting and musical excitement that the Super Bowl has to offer, audiences also enjoyed watching the commercials. Historically, Super Bowl commercials have been examples of some of the finest works in advertising. Getting a 30 second slot is known to be extremely expensive. This year, that figure is expected to hit an all time high. Fox Sports is seeking to charge more than $5 million for a 30 second commercial during the broadcast of the Super Bowl. While some ads in the past may have cost this much, it was never the case that all ads would be charged this much. The commercials which are longer than 30 seconds will also cost substantially more.
3. The Super Bowl is the most watched sporting event in the world. It therefore comes as no surprise that a number of big networks fight tooth and nail for the chance to broadcast the event. A recent deal has been struck up between the National Football League and FOX, NBC, and CBS for the airing of NFL games. These packages essentially make NFL games free to watch on regular over-the-air television. The networks have signed nine year extensions of their Sunday broadcast packages which will last till the 2022 season. Part of the deal states that each of the three networks will get to televise three Super Bowls during this period:
4. Viewership for the Super Bowl consistently shatters records. According to statistics from Nielson, Super Bowl 50 drew in a whopping 111.9 million viewers. It is estimated that on Super Bowl Sunday, more than 72% of homes in the U.S. are tuned into the Super Bowl telecast. These figures are expected to rise even further in 2017. when all the numbers have been tabulated.
5. The Super Bowl is a massive event and therefore requires a large number of volunteers. During the 10 days leading up to the event, over 10,000 volunteers were needed. Recruitments for volunteers for Super Bowl LI began in August 2016. Over 15,000 people were interviewed in order to create the team of 10,000 volunteers.
6. The city which ends up hosting the Super Bowl benefits in many ways. One of the huge advantages of the Super Bowl is how much is given to local charities during this time. Touchdown Houston is the name of the Host Committee’s charitable giving program. This program will be donating $4 million to Houston region non-profit organizations.
Nova Homes of South Florida congratulates both teams for superior years, and specifically to the fans, players, and team officials for putting on a truly "Super" show. Nova Homes will build a "Super" custom home for you and your family in Southwest Florida. Select from 16 home designs, bring in a plan of your own, or they will design a new home from scratch. For more information call 239.307.6116 or visit www.novahomesbuilder.com.